Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Nice Weekend

Over the Memorial Weekend, my daughter’s club soccer team participated in an invitational tournament.

Several of the games were quite competitive. In the first game, we won, my daughter scored 2 goals and was awarded player of the game. It was exciting to watch and I was very proud. She scored another two goals in the second game.

Later, I listened to my daughter, who is in 9th grade, and her team mate share their stories of being high school soccer players. The teammate shared her disappointment that she had not scored any goals since entering high school.

My daughter then responded to her that she should just go ahead and score in the next day’s game and they pretended to visualize the score. I had been spending a lot of time lately sharing the importance of visualizing success with my daughter so I was very excited to hear her sharing that learning with her friend.

The next day, Alexis’ team mate scored her first goal with an amazing shot. It was the only goal of the game and was the reason we made it to the tournament finals. Later they talked about how Alexis had just told her to go and do it so she did. I have spent a lot of time the past years watching my children play soccer, basketball or other sporting activities, as well as performing on stage.

I have truly enjoyed watching them through their joys and disappointments. There is a quote that I remind myself and them to think of when they (or I) are faced with a challenge: “All things are possible to he (or she) who believes”.

No comments:

Post a Comment